How to care for your jewellery
All of our Annabel Jewellery pieces are handmade using sterling silver, gold plating and fine crystals. As precious materials, your jewellery will require care to ensure they last a lifetime. Here are a few tips that we’d suggest to keep your pieces shining for years to come:
Keep them safe:
- When you’re not wearing your jewellery, please store it in the jewellery box provided.
- If you do decide to store this elsewhere, always ensure that your piece is away from direct sunlight and extreme temperatures.
Double check when you wear it:
- Be sure not to wear your pieces before jumping in the shower, going swimming, hitting the gym or even going to sleep.
- Damp skin, whether that’s from water, sweat or chemicals could cause your pieces to discolour, scratch or fade.
Be careful what you spray:
- Always ensure that face creams, body lotions, perfumes and hair sprays are completely absorbed or dry before popping your jewellery on.
- Avoid spraying or wiping anything which may chemically alter your jewellery directly onto it. This can also include cleansers, make up and antibacterial wipes.
- If your piece does come into contact with anything by accident, use a tissue or towel to pat it dry.
Give them a clean:
- Cleaning your jewellery regularly is a great way to extend the life of your pieces.
- We’d recommend using cotton wool or a very soft cloth to remove dust or dirt.
- If your piece is looking a little dull, gently rub the surface with a soft jewellery cloth.
- For times when your jewellery needs a bit more TLC, place it in warm, soapy water and soak for a few minutes. To remove any excess dirt, use a soft toothbrush.