All of our Annabel Jewellery pieces are handmade using sterling silver, gold plating and fine crystals. As precious materials, your jewellery will require care to ensure they last a lifetime. Here are a few tips that we’d suggest to keep your pieces shining for years to come:
Keep them safe:
- When you’re not wearing your jewellery, please store it in the jewellery box provided.
- If you do decide to store this elsewhere, always ensure that your piece is away from direct sunlight and extreme temperatures.
Double check when you wear it:
- Be sure not to wear your pieces before jumping in the shower, going swimming, hitting the gym or even going to sleep.
- Damp skin, whether that’s from water, sweat or chemicals could cause your pieces to discolour, scratch or fade.
Be careful what you spray:
- Always ensure that face creams, body lotions, perfumes and hair sprays are completely absorbed or dry before popping your jewellery on.
- Avoid spraying or wiping anything which may chemically alter your jewellery directly onto it. This can also include cleansers, make up and antibacterial wipes.
- If your piece does come into contact with anything by accident, use a tissue or towel to pat it dry.
Give them a clean:
- Cleaning your jewellery regularly is a great way to extend the life of your pieces.
- We’d recommend using cotton wool or a very soft cloth to remove dust or dirt.
- If your piece is looking a little dull, gently rub the surface with a soft jewellery cloth.
- For times when your jewellery needs a bit more TLC, place it in warm, soapy water and soak for a few minutes. To remove any excess dirt, use a soft toothbrush.